AskMen.com and Yahoo! Shine Also Unveil Great Female Survey Results in Conjunction with Menâ€™s Findings
Los Angeles, Calif.Â – July 21, 2009 – AskMen.com, the leading online modern lifestyle resource for men, today unveiled the results from the second annual AskMen.com Great Male Survey. The Great Male Survey provides the most accurate insight into the top trends amongst men aged 18 â€“ 34, including fashion, lifestyle, relationship, finance and more. More than 50,000 AskMen.com readers worldwide took the survey of more than 100 unique and thought-provoking questions, revealing the true psyche of todayâ€™s male. Full results from the AskMen.com Great Male Survey can be reviewed at AskMen.com.
The Great Male Survey Results
Results revealed a number of interesting trends and key takeaways including:
The modern man: both traditional and progressive
- 84% of men look for wife potential in a girlfriend
- 85% of men believe that they should pay for the majority of dates at least until a relationship is established
- 84% cook at home
- 50% are comfortable with their significant other staying in touch with an ex
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Other interesting resultsâ€¦
- 69% have fantasized about a girlfriend or wifeâ€™s friend
- 73% of men are comfortable sending birthday wishes via SMS, versus a phone call or face-to-face greeting
- The best dressed men are in Italy.
- Only 23% say salary is the most important element in a job
â€œAskMen.com is dedicated to staying in the know about how modern men think, and the Great Male Survey is the perfect tool to help us gauge thatâ€ Said James Bassil, Editor In Chief Of AskMen.com â€œThe results of the 2009 survey confirmed that men arenâ€™t the bumbling sex maniacs that TV shows and commercials make us out to be; weâ€™re in fact intelligent, romantic, self-aware beingsâ€¦ with enormous libidos.â€
For the complete survey, head on over to AskMen.com